Monday, March 30, 2009

and i'm back.

it's the first day of spring quarter and my what gorgeous weather we're having.

this past week came and went in the blink of an eye. i went home thursday after my last final to spend some time with my family. after some troublesome car problems my mom was kind enough to drive me back to davis. the following morning my grandmother passed away. she had been sick for the last few months, she had intestinal cancer, and it was just a matter of time. she was living with my parents instead of a convalescent home, as per her request. it was an incredible experience that brought my family a lot closer, and i'm fortunate for the time i was able to be there. it's been tough being away from home during all this, but every time i go back my family makes me feel as though i never left. i went back the weekend following her passing, the service was held on saturday, march 28. it was so nice to be surrounded by so much family, there was so much love in our house. my grandma was an amazing woman, her church bishop referred to her as a "fierce angel." she will be greatly missed.
spring break was everything i could have asked for. i worked a little, i relaxed a lot. i saw friends and family everyday. i scrapbooked and shopped and slept in. and now i'm back, ready to finish my last quarter at uc davis. here goes nothing.
this ring was my grandma's. we have the same birthstone - peridot. i'll think of her every time i see it.

5 comments:

allyson joy said...

im so sorry mallory,,, take care,,
[xoxo}

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. I'm so glad you are back. I'm sure your grandmother is looking down on you right now watching over you thinking how proud she is of you! :] That's always hard, and I know you'll miss her a lot! I'm so glad oyur family has used this time to join together. :]

I want to see all of your pretty projects from Spring Break! :]

<3 B

Jamie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Mallory! Sounds like she was a beautiful woman!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with your family & friends! :)

Thanks so much for the blog love & encouragement you left me. I appreciate it so much!

Hope you enjoy your last semester to the fullest! Have a wonderful day!
xoxo -j

Shaina Longstreet said...

so sorry about your loss. :(
it is something i have yet to experience...
but i do love that ring of hers. my birthstone too. :)

WriterGirl said...

Mally- I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother...sending you some thoughts and prayers girlie