Tuesday, June 17, 2008

get enough love, got enough friends

but on a regular basis, it's safe to say i've got the bends
and i didn't mean to ignore that vibe you sent
i guess my mind was probably on my rent.
Give Me by Atmosphere

what a crazy couple of weeks. here's what's been going on while i haven't been posting...

i finished my first year at UC Davis! i can not believe how fast it's gone by. what an amazing experience. i made new friends, rediscovered old ones, lived away from home for the first time, took some awesome classes (and some not-so-awesome ones) and had so much fun the entire way through. i can't wait to see what next year will bring.

so now i'm back at home for a little while, helping out my favorite girls at My Daughter's Wish, and scrapbooking for the first time since christmas! it feels so good, i can't wait to share my first finished product! we cropped the other night down at the store and it's just so wonderful being amongst all these talented women again, i've missed them all so much.

i started reading this book Snuff by Chuck Palahnuik, my all-time favorite author. It's his newest one, and hopefully the first of many books i hope to read this summer. i miss reading books that i want to read, this year has been nothing but text books. anyone have any good suggestions?

also, some super-exciting news that i JUST received, i have a job! i'll be working for IET Communications Resources, which is located on campus (five minutes away from my apartment in davis) doing some fun web design work. i'm so excited for this job, gotta love a new challenge.

so my first week off of school has been amazing. i've gotten to scrapbook with the lovely ladies of MDW, hang out with the crew for Thirsty Thursdays at reid's house, enjoy some very-needed time with my dad, went to the beach with sara, and indulge in some me-time. but i do miss my girls back in davis, can't wait to see you :]


1 comment:

nan said...

love you mally pants. so glad i got to see you, too bad for me that you are gonna be working in davis all summer!! you better come see us on a few weekends though.